Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum + Annual Bonus
Closes: 12th August 2022
We are looking for a Midweight Graphic Designer to join our fast-paced creative team. A graphic designer who can interpret and implement the creative vision across a broad range of projects ranging from digital, social, print and product development.
Working under the Head of Design, you will have 3+ years of experience either in-house or for an agency. You will be responsible for conceptualising creative designs for a range of media for both our internal marketing team and external clients.
You will have strong editorial and illustration skills to be able to produce illustrations for digital output.
This is an exciting and demanding role in an ever-changing, fast paced, creative team. The ideal candidate will be talented, with plenty of initiative and a positive can-do attitude. We are looking for a creative person who is reliable and accountable for their work and can fit within our close-knit company culture.
- Designing a variety of editorial layouts across print and digital platforms
- Design of flyers, advertisements for magazines and product forced brochures
- Creation of digital design and assets for use across websites, social media platforms and email marketing
- To maintain the high visual standards set by the Head of Design and assist others in maintaining this standard
- When required, set up simple layouts in 1 to 2 colours for screen printing
- Create 3D Visuals for variety of packaging concepts
- Maintain the image bank, filing and cropping our collection of images
- 3+ years experience of Commercial Graphic Design & Editorial Experience
An excellent portfolio of work highlighting your graphic & digital experience
Exceptual knowledge of the printing production process
Proficient at photo retouching
Strong knowledge of print & packaging design, typography, editorial design and layout skills
Understanding of current design trends and a keen eye for detail
Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
Good Knowledge of Figma (desirable)
Web Design Experience (UX & UI)
Flexible approach to and ability to adapt ideas to the needs of the brand
Excellent time management and organisational skills. Must be able to work to a deadline
What We Offer
WBC is built on great people and our close-knit team is our greatest asset. We are unapologetic that our best work is done in collaboration. So, if you’re fed up with that “working from home” on your own vibe, join us and dive straight into our fast-paced and fun environment. In return for your talent, we’ll support and develop you in your role, so you feel confident to undertake your responsibilities and contribute to the success of the company.
- Annual performance based bonuses paid in December & March
- 20 days holiday (1 additional day’s holidays added every year up to 5 years).
- Christmas to New Year shutdown period, giving you extra days of paid leave.
- Automatic employer pension contribution helps you save for the future.
- Interest-free loan up to £3,000 which can be used towards a rent deposit or a season ticket for public transport.
- Save 26% - 40% when you purchase a bike and equipment with the government Cycle scheme.
- 24-hour employee assistance program for staff and family members 24/7, 365 days a year, including legal, medical and life support.
- Free annual flu vaccine.
- Free healthy food & lunches provided daily, snacks, and really great coffee.
- Casual dress
- Friday drinks, team lunches and annual social events.
- Supportive, creative, collaborative environment
Please include a cover letter with your application letting us know why you think you would be the ideal candidate for this position by the 12th August.